Monday, July 27, 2009

Sailing on the Nashawannuck.

How about that sky tonight? Was tough to get a good shot, but here's one...




Moving right along to earlier today...



I'd heard about it the other day, and even saw a picture on the cover of the local section of the Gazette last week, but I had to see it for myself to believe it.

Sailing on the Nashawannuck Pond?

Even before the dredging. How could that be even possible?

I submit above, exhibit A.

And exhibit B...
Don't worry, he didn't hit the flag. I watched Pond Sailor guy tack at the end of Cottage Street this afternoon. He and his crew of a woman, a boy, and even a dog might as well have been enjoying a day on Buzzards Bay. It was pretty cool actually.

And filed today also under 'Odd Sightings on The Pond', a ghost row boat...




And if you still don't believe me about the sailboat...





Seems like this guy knows what he's doing. He sailed right up to the spillway and turned her right around just a few feet away from it. Pretty sweet. Hopefully, a little foreshading of the cool activities to be seen and had on the soon to be new and improved Nashawannuck.

No comments: