Friday, July 17, 2009

Cool Sky last night.

Generally, thunderstorms give me huge anxiety. All it takes is one good bolt of lightning to plunge our little grid into darkness. When that happens, I get a pit in my stomach, guard all my freezers from being opened, ready the portable generator for when and if the power failure lasts more than three hours, and begin to pace up and down Cottage Street. Luckily (touch wood), it doesn't happen often, but when it does, a good thunderstorm is usually the culprit.

In any event, last night's storm never got that close, but it did provide for some awesome cloud formations, lots of lightning bolts (in the distance), and a sweet rainbow. Probably not the wisest thing to do, standing with my camera on the edge of the pond in a thunderstorm, so since I risked life and limb for the shop, I thought I'd share (you can click on to enlarge)...






Thanks to Patrick Brough for posting a link (and encouring me to post my shots here and not just on Facebook...). Check out his here.

No comments: