Friday, February 08, 2008

Moo.

Amid a sunless and solemn (at least if you're a Pats fan) mid-winter week sometimes comes an unexpected ray of sunshine. For me, it came in the form of this little beauty. A donation from my friend and Mt. Tom's regular, Dorothy, direct from the depths of her basement. I'm sure you are endlessly envious of my good fortune and have already begun googling like crazy to discover where you too might be able to appropriate such a fine piece of art. It actually is numbered on the bottom, although we (Bess and I) don't expect to be stopping by the Antiques Roadshow anytime soon. I doubt Dorothy even remembers how she came to acquire the ole' heifer for handtowels. In any event, it seems Bessy is no longer welcome in her house, and just as peanut butter goes with jelly and cows, ice cream, Dorothy decided her buried in a box in the basement cow deserved to be in a place that might more appreciate her kind.

And thus the clouds have briefly lifted from my dank and dark week, and I will never again be wanting for a spare paper towel in my shop.

At least until I give her away to my brother for Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Mike says,"no, thanks"
Ma