Thursday, September 06, 2007

Catnip Ice Cream anyone?

A customer recently suggested a new flavor. Are you ready for this one.... Catnip Ice Cream. She was completely serious. Now I know cats like catnip. From what I've seen, it's like speed for felines. The only stumbling block is none of my customers are actually cats. I suppose I have a few stray cat customers here and there, but they get their ice cream from the big overflowing dumpster in the back parking lot. Be that as it may, in the interest of science and the betterment of Mt. Tom's, I employed my cat, Chubs, to confirm my theory on Catnip Ice Cream. First, I scooped up a little vanilla and fed it to her. She was totally into it.

Then I sprinkled a little catnip on it. I may as well have sprinkled it with dog breath. She wanted no part of it...
Now I know Chubs has never been a big fan of the nip, but she's also the same cat that once ate a wasabi pea out of my hand. She doesn't have opposable thumbs, so she can't actually write a cool review like my chocolate ice cream friend a few days ago (below), but I think the gist of it would be 'just give me a vanilla straight up -big bowl, no spoon, with a side of cat food, thanks.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only you would experiment with catnip ice cream! I have two cats who would probably eat it! Like the photo of the clock as I have one too...Saw you pic on Hi5 and your age is 27??? Yeah right! Liking the blog!