Saturday, September 26, 2009

How cool would this be...

I think I shared this one before...

But I hadn't seen these artist's renderings before Mayor Mike posted them on FB this morning...



These images were created by Bill Canon and were funded through generous support by our friends at the Williston-Northampton School. What you see is a cool virtual representation of Mayor Mike Tautznik's vision for one cleaned up Nashawannuck Pond. It won't come cheap (estimates put the tab at $1 million), but it's hard to argue that this wouldn't be nicely conducive to improved foot traffic downtown, and a fine feather in Easthampton's BearFest improved tourism cap.

I can't say I blame Mike for wanting at least another term behind the mayor's desk to help make this happen. He fought for many years to secure the funding for the now-underway dredging project, so it's hard to doubt he wouldn't find a way to make the pond promonade happen too.


Let the dredging begin!


No comments: