Monday, September 21, 2009

A Garden winds down: A brief photo essay.

I had a few minutes to kill before heading over to Bub's for some bbq yesterday, so while I waited for a buddy to finish a home improvement project, his dog showing complete disinterest in retrieving the stick I kept throwing, I took out the trusty pocket Pentax and headed for his garden. It's just about down to the brussel sprouts and late blooming flowers at this point, but that's ok - still made for a nice little intro to the Fall photo season, undoubtably the awesome'est time of year around here for photo fanatics like me.



Here's what I came up with...


Red...


These two have a subtle existential feel...






Flowerbed POV...




Late bloomers...






This one feels the most like Fall...



A small sign of things to come...



I hope you've been enjoying this stellar weather. The pumpkin pie ice cream is going strong already, and rumor has it, I just made the first batch of apple pie ice cream too. And in keeping with the flavor wackiness of the past few weeks, I tried my hand another new one, salted buttered popcorn ice cream, today. Feel free to stop by and see how that turned out...


No comments: