Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bears and Shakers.

I had a day off yesterday. I know that may sound somewhat unremarkable for a 'normal' person, but as a small biz owner who makes almost all his hay between May and October, it's a big deal. That first day off after a long stretch of long days of ice cream making, scooping, and all the rest that goes with it, is always a very welcomed guest. Sometimes it's hard for me to let go and to shut it all off for that first day off. Guilt creeps in. What if someone wants ice cream or gummy bears today. How many people will be disappointed when they peer into my darkened shop? Luckily, the cool Fall weather has finally arrived and although it was bright and sunny most of the day, I felt no remorse whatsoever yesterday. Especially after my first Octoberfest at the Bistro in Great Barrington.

Among the cool stops on my day off o'fun was one of my favorite photo opps, Chapelbrook Falls...
Even got a glimpse of a big black bear in a tree. Well, actually it was an overstuffed porcupine in a tree, but a pretty cool wildlife sighting nonetheless. Usually, it's just squirrels and the occasional chipmunk.

From there, it was off to Hancock Shaker Village, which was actually pretty cool too. That stop is worthy of a dedicated blog entry. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, here's one more shot from the road. Looking forward to lots of foliage shots as the leaves turn. Still a little early here, but won't be long before the leaves are in full techicolor.

Hope you're enjoying this fine Fall weather.

No comments: