Monday, March 16, 2009

Mt. Tom Reservation sans color.

These warm weekend days have been great for two things (in my world at least), ice cream sales and melting the no longer welcome snow that's been blanketing us since mid-December.


Today, I took my trusty Canon digital SLR out for a little stroll in Mt. Tom park. As you probably have discovered, there are lots of cool trails to tramp. One of my favorites is the 'Bray Inner Trail Loop'. It's a short little trail that circumnavigates Lake Bray near the far end of the park. It seems much more pond than lake, though. But as is evidenced by many of the trees around the lake, the beavers don't seem to mind at all.



Nor do the Canadien geese and ducks. I wouldn't call them mixing it up, but neither seemed to mind the other's presence on what remains of the ice. (Click on an image to get the full effect.)



As I've griped about before, it's a challenge to take an interesting photograph this time of year, as we anxiously wait for color to return to the landscape. In the meantime, a little greyscale will have to suffice.

I call this one, 'Cat 'o Nine-tails in hibernation'...




Geese glide...


I did notice the shiny new trail signs throughout the reservation. They were much needed and look great. Not sure who is responsible for the upgrade, but thanks, nicely done....




Well, that's it for now. Thanks to all who came out for a cone this weekend, a taste of the summer action!


Enjoy your St. Paddy's Day.

Feel free to stop in for a pint of Guinness or a cup of Irish Coffee.

No comments: