Thursday, January 29, 2009

Game on!

Guess I didn't pick the best day to reopen for biz. Seems Mom Nature had plans of her own. In any event, the freezers are restocked. The scooping arms are getting back into shape. Chocolate Valentine's Day heart boxes and pops production is ramping up. The team and I are feeling rested and refreshed and excited about another great year of ice cream, candy, chocolate, coffee drinks, and all sweet things in between.

The news on every page of the paper may be bleak, but it still smells like waffle cones and chocolate in here. I'm looking forward to making all your favorite flavors and definitely have a few new ideas rolling around in my head. As always, don't hesitate to drop suggestions...into the suggestion jar, email, http://www.mttoms.com/, in the comments here, or whenever you're in the shop. Feel free to stop me in the supermarket too. No idea is too crazy. If I can make it (and it's not completely off-the-wall, like shoehorn chip or rocksalt sorbet), I'll give it a shot.

And I'll do my best to keep the blog light and upbeat, seems we all need as much of that as we can get our hands on.

In the spirit of looking on the bright side, here's one of my favorites from the storm before last...



Hope you've chipped yourself out from the ice, and the sun is shining brightly on your driveway.

See you soon.

No comments: