Friday, April 25, 2008

Summer in April.

As we New Englanders well know, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute. As for the weather this week, stellar. 80's for a few days even. Sounds like things could change tomorrow, but for now, this looks to be another quick entry. So much to blog, so little time. In the meantime, under the category of 'people are good', let me share one from yesterday.

A woman comes in the the shop and says to me, "Do you remember me from yesterday?"

Of course I served what seemed like twenty-three hundred people the day before, but I kept my cool and said, "Sure I do! What can I do for you today?"

To which she shyly replied, "When I bought my ice cream from you yesterday, you accidentally gave me change for a twenty, and I only gave you a ten."

Then she handed me nine dollars.

I tried to refuse it, but she and her conscience wouldn't hear it.

"I couldn't sleep, I had to come back." She quietly responded.

I'm confident she slept soundly that night. And so did I.

No comments: