Friday, April 11, 2008

Flowers on Film.

Well, that's not entirely true. It's flowers converted from bits and bytes and megapixels to photo paper. Matted, framed, and hung on the wall for you to see and hopefully enjoy. I'd like to invite you to my show this weekend. It's part of Easthampton's monthly, ArtWalk Easthampton. This month's event is tomorrow (Saturday, April 12th) from 5-8pm. The featured artist at Mt. Tom's is me. or is it I? For two reasons. Number one, because it's my shop and I get to choose who shows on my walls. And number two, I took a bunch of cool shots last month at the Smith College Bulb Show, and I thought the set would make a nice little show. But I'll let you be the judge of that.

I hope you can stop by to check it out. If you can't make it tomorrow for the walk and the free coffee and buttercreams, the show will stay up for a month. Come by anytime.

Like last time, I'll try to post a link to a flickr version of the images, for those reading from afar.
Here you go.

Thought I'd also share some words I came across recently. They seemed appropriate to go along with a show about flowers...

“Seeing beauty in a flower could awaken humans, however briefly, to the beauty that is an essential part of their own innermost being, their true nature. The first recognition of beauty was one of the most significant events in the evolution of human consciousness. The feelings of joy and love are intrinsically connected to this recognition. Without our fully realizing it, flowers would become for us an expression in form of that which is most high, most sacred, and ultimately formless within ourselves. Flowers, more fleeting, more ethereal, and more delicate than the plants out of which they emerged, would become like messengers from another realm, like a bridge between the world of physical forms and formless.”

Eckhart Tolle, from A New Earth – Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose

Have a great weekend.

No comments: