Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grand Central Freeze.

I can't say I really miss this part of my bygone corporate cubicle days, but I definitely remember the more than occasional (and occasionally) funny emails that found their way to my daily inbox. Most were barely worth a glance and the two calories I burned hitting the delete key. Once in a while, a keeper would drop in. And once in an even greater while, I'd get one that not only did I think was cool and/or funny, but I actually thought my buddies and family members might too think it was cool and/or funny, rather than be left questioning the mental stability of their friend/son/brother for forwarding such a thing.

Since I've left my cube for ice creamier pastures, I feel somewhat disconnected from the joke email chain, but sometimes a note with a link to the latest SNL skit, crazy mountain biking stunt gone awry, or politically-incorrect Halloween costume still finds its way to my e-inbox.

The good part is I know I can't get fired for clicking through one of those emails and happening to land in a place not fit for the 9 to 5.

In any event, it's my turn to do my part and pass along one I found cool and interesting. In the interest of full disclosure, however, it was my buddy David who tipped me off to this cool project -captured and posted on YouTube.

If you're one of the 13 million who've already seen it, sorry for being redundant. If not, I think you'll think it's a pretty cool idea, and thanks for letting me relive a corporate moment. If you have a minute before your next meeting, maybe you can throw a link to it in an email and send it along its company email way? Don't worry, I won't tell your boss.

No comments: