Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thoughts on Chocolates?


As we roll along through September and into Fall, I begin to lean on other parts of the shop to start pulling their weight (translation: help pay my bills through the long, cold off-season). First up, gourmet chocolates. If you haven't let your eyes wander past the expanse of ice cream tubs in the dippers, perhaps you've never even noticed the chocolate cabinet that looms at the end of the row. There's some great stuff in there...gourmet truffles, chocolate-dipped M&M pretzels, buttercreams, maple creams, sugar-free and regular cordial cherries, to name just a few.

As I like to say, 'they're homemade, just not in my home'. Simply not enough hours left in the day after making ice cream, although I'm definitely intrigued to try my hand at chocolatiering someday. Even bought a 'Candymaking for Dummies' book, so who knows.

In any event, the chocolates are from a couple of respected and renowned providers and are delicious. Not to sound too salesy, but they do make great gifts (a white box and silk ribbon is free for the asking).

So is this just a shameless blog commercial or what?

Actually, I'm looking for your help. As we roll into prime chocolate season, I'm gathering suggestions to help spice up the chocolate counter. As you can see above, it's not a giant display cabinet, so I have to be strategic in my offerings, making it even more important I fill it with what y'all want.

So all you chocolate lovers, let's hear it. Drop a suggestion or three into a blog comment below, or feel free to drop me a line via the Mt. Tom's site (click here)

FYI... Cashew Turtles, Almond Bark, and other things nutty are back this week too!

In the spirit of 'continuous improvement', to quote an old corporate cliche, I thank you in advance.

No comments: