Sunday, February 08, 2009

Call for Ducks, er Artists.

Hope you got to get outside this weekend for a little dose of vitamin D. The ducks and geese were out in full force over in Lower Mill Pond today. That wind kept us from enjoying the full effects of the thaw, but wind or no wind, 45 beats oh 5 any winter day.

Since most of my posts this week will probably be bent towards all things Valentine's Day, I thought I'd take this opp to pitch my annual request for ArtWalk Easthampton artists for the walls of Mt. Tom's. I've got a few months booked, but many months are still available. We've got about 17 spots to fill the walls. Your work will hang for a month, starting the 2nd saturday of that month. You're welcome to put labels with pricetags. You can make it whatever you choose. Calm and casual, with just a few invites to friends and an appearance during your ArtWalk. Or you can make up postcards, invite everyone you know, set up apps & beverages. Or something in between.

This coming weekend is our next ArtWalk. Since I was unsuccessful in recruiting an artist on short notice, having just reopened, I've volunteered myself to put together a little show.


If life gives you snow, make snowcones.

Ok, so most of us are already tired of shoveling and slushing around covered sidewalks, and it's barely February. Well, since there's not much we can do about it but complain, the best thing we can do, besides ski or eat ice cream, is make art out of it. Since fire & ice seems to be this month's theme, my show will be all about ice. And snow. And all things cold. Here's hoping it'll warm you up.


I hope you'll stop by and check it out... And do email me or pull me aside in the shop if you're interested in showing here at Mt. Tom's this year. Thanks in advance.

No comments: