Sunday, January 03, 2010

Time for a little R&R.

As you probably know by now, Mt. Tom's will be locked up tight from now until Thursday, January 28th at noon for our annual winter break. As always, thanks for your understanding as we give the cast and crew a few weeks to decompress after another great year.

If you've read the story of my metamorphosis from corporate engineer type to ice cream guy back in 2003 (if not, you can read it here), you've heard me say this is the 'toughest job I've ever loved', and this year has been no exception. As Mt. Tom's continues to grow, thanks to your support and kind words to those you know, it continues to be an endeavor of immense satisfaction for me. Exhausting, challenging, and all-consuming, especially from May thru September, yet rewarding in ways I never anticipated. One of those ways has been getting to know so many great people in the cool town of Easthampton and those around it. You are what makes this job never feel like one. When my dad was in the ice cream biz, he used to say, 'I'm not going to work, I'm going to play,' and I could always tell he meant it. And I'm happy to be able to say the same thing. I'd just like to thank you for that, and if you haven't already done so, may you find a job too that feels like play.

See you in a few weeks.

Jim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for another great year - looking forward to another great summer