Saturday, May 08, 2010

Rainy Day Randomness & HMD.

In case you haven't gotten wind of it yet, I just tried my hand at an intriguing flavor I'd heard about from Mom, of all people. You can find it at a little place in San Francisco, and they call it Secret Breakfast. It's vanilla with bourbon and, you guessed it, corn flakes. It's got plenty of kick to it, and I'm sure not for everyone, but it's actually pretty good. And surprisingly, the corn flakes stayed crispy in the mix. You tried the maple bacon, but are you up for this one?

Just got a fresh batch of shiny new scoops and spades for the new season. Who doesn't like new stuff?
Saw a little canister of these in the supermarket the other day and had to have them. Potato sticks. In the spirit of Mother's Day, these salty treats brought back fond memories of the little brown lunch bags my Mom used to pack for my brothers and me. Sandwich, salty snack (in a baggie), dessert (usually some cakey thing from Hostess), and an apple. Friends at the lunch room used to call it the 'magic bag'. Good times.

Candy buttons, my personal favorite nostalgic candy item. Not for the taste, of course, but for the experience of pulling those little dots off the paper one at a time.


And after a marketing/cost cutting debacle, the orginal Bazooka gum is back. Original rectacular pink block of bubble-blowing perfection, wrapped tightly around by a bad comic and a good fortune. Alas, can't charge a penny for one, but at least the open/consume experience is the same.

Last but most certainly not least, a big Happy Mother's Day to my mom, you still rock.

(That's me in the middle, just in case you were wondering. Of course my brother on the left looks like he's having a tougher morning. Probably just jealous of my sweet red overalls)

Happy Mother's Day to yours (and you if the case may be).

No comments: